[b-greek] Re: Accent placement rules

From: Daniel L. Christiansen (dlc@multnomah.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 20:10:31 EDT

"Carl W. Conrad" wrote [snipped]:

> >has some tutorials ( and practice ) on accents on his web-site:
> >http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~ancgreek/ancient_greek_start.html
> >
> >Enjoy! ( but remember this is a _classical_ Greek site, not a Koine one.
>
> I may be wrong, but I'm not aware that the rules for accentuation in Koine
> are different from those applicable to Classical Attic. Does anyone know of
> such a difference?

Well, there is the possible difference of pitch vs stress accentuation; however, I
can't imagine how that would make a difference in accent placement. Maurice, what
did you have in mind in your post? Or was the comment regarding classical not
really pertaining to the accent question, but only a general caveat?

Daniel
--
Daniel L. Christiansen
Professor of Biblical Languages, Portland Bible College