[b-greek] Re: Accent placement rules

From: Maurice A. O'Sullivan (mauros@iol.ie)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 20:39:09 EDT

<x-flowed>
At 01:10 30/06/01, Daniel L. Christiansen wrote:

>Well, there is the possible difference of pitch vs stress accentuation;
>however, I
>can't imagine how that would make a difference in accent
>placement. Maurice, what
>did you have in mind in your post? Or was the comment regarding classical not
>really pertaining to the accent question, but only a general caveat?

Daniel:
Thank you for your charitable approach -- I was too telegraphic in my
reply; I meant to add that there were _pronunciation_ tutorials ( and
practices ) side by side withe the ones for accentuation..

And, yes, for someone who announced that " I am teaching myself Biblical
Greek " I thought a general caveat might be appropriate for a page which
announces itself as a tutorial in Attic Greek.

Maurice A. O'Sullivan
mauros@iol.ie

"When you know a thing, to hold that you know it, and when you do not know
a thing, to allow that you do not know it: This is knowledge."
Confucius