[b-greek] Re: Jim Morrison

From: Paul Schmehl (p.l.schmehl@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 00:27:24 EDT

Strange. Before I read the translations of those more wise than I, I
thought perhaps it meant "he is with his demon". Given that Jim Morrison
died very young due to a drug overdose, it made sense to me. But others
have said that it means "he did his own thing", so I accept that, although
I'm not sure I understand *why* that is an appropriate translation. The
DIAMONA is odd though, because the word for "evil spirit" is DAIMON, not
DAIMONA, so I suspect the alpha ending makes it a different word (perhaps
"thing"?)

Perhaps someone would care to elaborate?

Paul Schmehl pauls@utdallas.edu
p.l.schmehl@worldnet.att.net
http://www.utdallas.edu/~pauls/