[b-greek] lattimore

From: Eric Weiss (eweiss@gte.net)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 00:14:18 EDT

Lattimore's NT is in print, in one volume (I own the 2 volume version in
hardback), in both cloth and paper. See Amazon.com.

I remember reading a letter some time back (for some reason I think it
was in Bible Review Magazine -- but it could have been another
magazine), by a person enthusiastic about Lattimore's translation. I
believe Bruce Metzger replied to the writer, and explained that
Lattimore's translation was weak in certain areas, e.g., understanding
and translating Hebrew idioms in the New Testament.

--
Eric S. Weiss
http://home1.gte.net/eweiss/index.htm