[b-greek] Re: Mk 1:2-3

From: Jay Anthony Adkins (Jadkins26438@cs.com)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 07:18:33 EDT

Please excuse the repeating of this question. I accept Carlton Winbery's
explanation of context being key here. I responded before reading the
entire thread online.

"While the quotations in Mark and Matthew could be grammatically
interpreted ambiguously, Matthew 3:1 and 11:7 and Mark 1:4 clearly claim
that John was preaching in the wilderness. It would seem to me that such
closeness in context would be decisive and would be grounds for the
confidence seen in the majority of the interpretations in antiquity and in
modern translations."

Carlton Winbery
Louisiana

Sola Gratia,