[b-greek] Greek Sentence Structure

From: Joe Crane (JoeCrane@NavigatorServices.com)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 10:51:37 EDT

I recently finished my translation of I Peter chapter I for practice. I
looked in Daniel Wallace's "Greek Grammar beyond the Basics" and noted
that Wallace said that I Peter 1:3-12 is one sentence. Looking back into
the UBS, I noticed that the editors had broken the passage into several
sentences, and even broken the passage into two pericopes. I know how the
text was originally written, and that the break-up of the passage is a
difference between scholars; but, how do I, as a wannabe Greek scholar,
determine where a sentence begins and ends?
Any help or theories is apperciated

[Joe Crane. New list-members please take note that BG Protocol
requires a full-name signature to be appended to all messages
sent to the list for forwarding. -cwc]