[b-greek] How do we recognize hendiadys?

From: Jay Anthony Adkins (Jadkins26438@cs.com)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 06:07:49 EDT

This question was put on the list several years ago, but was never fully
answered, so I have copied my post to try once again.

Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 14:56:59
Author: '>"Jay Adkins" <JAdkins264@aol.com>
Subject: How do we recognize hendiadys?
Body: Dear B-Greekers,

To my mind the question that was first asked by Dmitriy Reznik has yet to
be completely answered. How do we recognize hendiadys? I had a feeble
response on 6/22/99 that needs further work and have included it below.
However, it does not completely answer the question. Can someone please
either fill me in or direct me to a better source than from which I quoted
from?