[b-greek] The genitive and grammatical categories

From: Kenneth Litwak (javajedi2@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 20:10:57 EDT

     It seems like the upshot of the thread I started
was that some people just sort of knew thati was
dealiing with an objective genitive,a nd grammatical
categories were irrelevant. Others didn't like the
categories and wanted something else, but no one has
proposed a method that one could follow for finding
that something else. In absence of a real method for
determinig semantic significance of a genitive, and
not wanting to use mere gut feel which someone rightly
ciriticized, I guess I'll just go use grammatical
categories because no one else has provided a real way
to do this wihtout them. Thanks.

Ken