[b-greek] Re: sunagoge verses episunagoge

From: ross purdy (rossjpurdy@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 17:57:31 EDT

<x-flowed>

Dear Mark and list,

The early Church had no concept of "regularly scheduled church services"
until after Constantine. Their assembling together was natural and organic,
not artificial and organized. Even for the Jews, coming together at the
synagogue was a cultural touchstone which included their faith in the God of
Israel, not some mere "regularly scheduled church meeting". IMHO it is an
anachronistic mistake to assume that what christians do today on Sunday has
anything to do with what the saints did back then any day of the week.

In Christ
Ross Purdy

rossjpurdy@hotmail.com