[b-greek] Re: Three quick questions

From: c stirling bartholomew (cc.constantine@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 13:10:20 EDT

Hi Mark,

on 8/5/01 6:14 AM, PAProphet@aol.com wrote:

> 1. Is it wise to attempt to study two languages at once?

Sure, why not. If you have say 20-30 hours a week over a period of several
decades to devote to the project learning both languages is no problem.

> 2. It seems to me that OT Hebrew is much easier to learn than NT Greek once
> you can recognize the alphabet. Is this true?

No it is not true. Hebrew syntax seems simple at first because it is it uses
fewer formal mechanisms than Greek. But the fact that Hebrew syntax uses
fewer formal mechanisms to mark the syntactic structure means that it is
much more subtle and for that reason hard to get a handle on. Hebrew is not
easy at all. Take you 30 years to master it.

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point