[b-greek] Re: EN + reference to a person

From: Mark Wilson (emory2oo2@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2001 - 09:04:05 EDT

<x-flowed>
Carl:

You wrote:

-----
>If we say EN TWi PNEUMATi (and I think that EN PNEUMATI is more common in
>the GNT) I don't think "personal relationship" is what's meant here but
>rather means: "by means of the Spirit"--and I also think a theological bias
>may be entering into the equation if one thinks of Spirit in terms of "a
>person" in any ordinary sense of "a person."
-----

I would put this as, "I also think a theological bias may be
entering into the equation if one thinks of Spirit in terms
of "a person" or "not a person" without first looking at
all the data.

That is, if one approaches scripture with a predisposition one
way or the other, they may be said to have a bias.

I think we all, including myself, sometimes forget that we
all have our presuppositions and backgrounds that can bias
the way we approach scripture. Unless you are actually arguing
that YOUR position is the right one because you have no bias,
then that's a horse of another color :o )

My thoughts

Mark Wilson