[b-greek] Multiple Subject and Verb Agreement

From: reformed (reformed@idola.net.id)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 15:16:40 EDT

Dear all,

I'm a new member to the list and a beginner in koine greek. I would like to
ask some simple questions. In a case of multiple subject, a verb would very
frequently agree in number with the closer subject element. I just want to
make sure that my understanding is right, especially concerning the general
rule of verb agreement with a neuter plural subject.

If we have multiple subject:
1. masculine plural and neuter plural - plural or singular verb? (noting
that neutral plural nouns usually have a singular verb as an agreement).
2. neuter plural and masculine plural - plural or singular verb?

Are differences in gender in a multiple subject influencing the use of verb
numbers?

Thank you very much.

sincerely,
Emil Salim