[b-greek] Re: forground & background, boundry markers-Longacre'sModel

From: Kimmo Huovila (kimmo.huovila@helsinki.fi)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 10:07:22 EST

I would guess that topicality is even harder to define formally than
grounding. But actually your comment goes somewhat together with
Wårvik's thesis. She found several correlates of grounding, but not one
of them alone would suffice to describe the phenomenon. She did a good
job in explaining grounding by looking at several correlates.

Kimmo Huovila