[b-greek] Re: Apoc 1:1 pronominal reference

From: c stirling bartholomew (cc.constantine@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Jan 06 2002 - 22:05:46 EST

on 1/6/02 12:13 PM, Clwinbery@aol.com wrote:

> Clay, I have not read Carrell's defense of the application of the sing. AUTOU
> to both God and Jesus, but my work in the Apocalypse would say the normative
> way to refer to both the Christ and God for the writer would be as it is in
> 6:16-17 where the one who sits on the throne and the lamb are referred back
> to by the use of AUTWN in the plural.

Thank you Carlton,

This is exactly what I wanted to hear. Reading NT Studies monographs one
comes across some fairly esoteric arguments and on occasion the normal rules
of Greek syntax are cast aside without any explicit justification for so
doing. This is not an isolated case.

Thanks again,

Greetings,

Clay