[b-greek] NIPTW

From: Wayne Leman (wayne_leman@sil.org)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 20:21:24 EST

Cindy, it is correct that the word for feet is sometimes used in the Hebrew
Bible as a euphemism for the genital organs. One tells the difference
between such figurative usage in passages and literal reference to feet in
other passages by examining the context in which the expression occurs. Even
then, there may be times when it is not certain whether feet are being used
figuratively or literally.

Now, since you are asking about a Hebrew word, I'm wondering if you intended
this message to go to the B-Hebrew list instead of this B-Greek list?

Wayne
-----
Wayne Leman
Bible Translation discussion list: