[b-greek] DIAPAZEI

From: Mark DelCogliano (cassian@dellepro.com)
Date: Sun Feb 24 2002 - 20:38:26 EST

Does anyone know what DIAPAZW might mean? I've had no luck finding the word
in the standard dictionaries, though I do not have Lampe on hand. Here is
the context from a fourth-century patristic text on spiritual warfare:

hOSTIS [sc.hO DAIMWN] MALISTA TAIS TOIAUTAIS EFALLETAI KATASTASESI KAI DIKHN
KUNOS KAQAPER VEBRON THN YUCHN DIAPAZEI.

"This demon springs upon states [of mind/soul] such as these in particular,
and, like a dog, ??? the soul as if it were a young deer."

Any help or guesses much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark DelCogliano