[b-greek] Re: Antecedent in Jn 19.34, 35

From: c stirling bartholomew (cc.constantine@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 22:06:30 EST

on 3/11/02 12:11 PM, c stirling bartholomew wrote:

> One antecedent which you have not mentioned is MARIA H MAGDALHNH . . .

I hope the irony here was evident to everyone. Sometimes I suspect that
Puget Sound humor, like local beer, doesn't travel well. I did get one
offlist reply telling me this MARIA H MAGDALHNH stuff was ludicrous nonsense
(a more colorful term was used).

The one aspect of my post which was serious was the recommendation of
Jenkins' book. It is well worth reading.

Philip Jenkins, Hidden Gospels - How the Search for Jesus Lost its Way,
Oxford 2001.

greetings,

Clay

--