[b-greek] RE: Thessalonikeis' Infinitive!

From: Ken Smith (kens@180solutions.com)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 04:42:05 EDT

Rather than interpreting GRAFEIN as an "passive active", I'd probably
prefer to assume an implied TINA, i.e.,

PERI DE THS FILADELFIAS OU CREIAN ECETE [TINA] GRAFEIN hUMIN

"But concerning brotherly love, you have no need for [anyone] to write
you . . . "

Paul can be elliptical as well as expansive when he wants to be.

Ken Smith