[b-greek] Re: The long ending of Mark

From: Jeffrey B. Gibson (jgibson000@attbi.com)
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 14:07:03 EDT

Antonio_Septien wrote:

> Dearest friends,
> I'm doing a research on the long ending of Mark (16. 9-20). It has been
> difficult to me to find some articles or books that deal minutely with
> the style, and syntactical features of that segment of Mark. The point
> I'm trying to elucidate is this: the section that goes from vvs. 9 to
> 20 is really Markan? Would you please informe abotut how and
> where to get the stuff I'm looking for?

I would suggest that you begin by looking at the discussions of this passage in the
commentaries on Mark's Gospel by R.H. Gundry (Eerdmans) and C.A Evans (Word). You will
find there not only much of what you are looking for but also extensive
bibliographical material as well.

The other thing to do is to search the ATLA data base on the passage in question.
Check with your University Library to see if you can gain online access to this
source.

Yours,

Jeffrey Gibson
--