[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

American Bamboo Society

http://www.bamboo.org/abs/

 Lawrence F. London, Jr. - Dragonfly Market Gardens
 mailto:london@sunSITE.unc.edu - mailto:llondon@bellsouth.net
 http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden
 http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden/permaculture.html
Title: American Bamboo Society

The American Bamboo Society
World Wide Web Page

Welcome to the American Bamboo Society (ABS) World Wide Web home page. This page is designed to introduce you to the ABS and provide "pointers" to additional information about bamboo.

What's New on the ABS Home Page![New!]

I received a very brief notice about a bamboo conference in Malaysia. Here it is. " There will be a Bamboo Festival organised by Tambunan Welfare Society (a voluntary body) to be held from 24 until 26 October 1997. This will be in Tambunan, Sabah (North Borneo), Malaysia. For further information, please send e-mail to koisaan@po.jaring.my attn Flavian.

I've recieved the 1997 Bamboo Species Source List No. 17 on diskette from George Shor and will try to get the information here updated as soon as possible.

There's a significant update to the information about the ABS National Meeting in October. Please have a look. Read about the main informaton here.

Craig O'Donnell has provided us with a list of books related to bamboo in the catalog of the USDA's National Agricultural Library.

There is a lot more information about the international bamboo workshop to be held in Anji, China this September. This has been added to the Chinese Bamboo Workshop page.

There is now a bit more information available about the Tierra Seca chapter. It is in New Mexico (appriately enough for "dry earth").

Here is the history of ABS Web page changes.

Contacting the American Bamboo Society:

The National Society

Pacific Northwest Chapter

Florida Caribbean Chapter

Southeast Chapter

Hawaii Chapter

Southeast Coastal Chapter (FL)

Northeast Chapter

Southern California Chapter

Northern California Chapter

Texas Chapter

Tierra Seca Chapter (NM)

Bamboo Societies around the World

The European Bamboo Society

The European Bamboo Society is an umbrella organization for all bamboo societies in Europe and the EBS Web page provides contact information for these societies. The page was created by David Helliwell (email to David), EBS Secretary in the U.K. I'd like to particularly highlight Wim Masman's listing of bamboo synonyms amongst the information you'll find there. If a bamboo species has ever been called by some name, Wim has a notation about it. (email to Wim).

The Australian Bamboo Network

The ABN Web page was created by Peter Bindon (email to Peter). Peter has some practical information about the commercial prospects for bamboo and propagating and caring for it.

General Information about Bamboo

An introduction to bamboo

Bamboo as raw material (under construction)

ABS 1996 Bamboo Species Source List No. 16

Significant Bamboo Collections Around the World

The ABS Bookstore

Bamboo China Service - helps you locate bamboo resources in China

Other Bamboo Resources on the Internet

Upcoming Events of Interest to Bamboo People

Arts and Crafts using Bamboo

The PNW Bamboo Agroforestry Workshops

U.S.D.A. Quarantine requirements for bamboo

Contact information for bamboo people outside of the U.S.A.

Climate Zones around the world

U.S. Department of Agriculture Climate Zones. (scroll down when the page loads.)
European Climate Zones.

thanks Gib!

Search the ABS Web Pages!

This page was produced by:

Barry (email to Barry) & Peter Abrahamsen using
made using Claris Home Page(click button for demo copy of Claris Home Page)

If you have information you'd like to have included on the ABS web pages, please read this.

About Barry.

About Peter.

This page has had 07292 hits since