[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TREE BOOK?

Nicholas Wiley (nwiley@u.washington.edu) wrote:
: Eyewitness Handbooks puts out a book called, ingeniusly, "Trees", it is a
: self-proclaimed "visual guide to more than 500 species of trees from
: around the world."  I would recommend it, as it will help with
: identification.  For cultural requirements, you can ask at your local
: nursery to read their copy of Michael Dirr's "Manual of Woody Landscape
: Plants" (much too huge to be practical for the average home owner).  The
: Eyewitness Book doesn't have everything but it probably has a great
: variety (therefore you are likely to run into something at least closely
: related to what you find in your garden) and it has very helpful photos
: and illustrations of each tree.
: Sorry I am too late for Christmas.

: Have fun!
: Kathleen