[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Gardening book for colder climates

I'm another Zone 3 gardener (Edmonton, Alberta).  My favorite books are
as follows:
Andrews, Brian. _Northern Gardens_. Lone Pine Publishing, 1987. ISBN
0-919433-35-9
Bennett, Jennifer. _The Harrowsmith Northern Gardener_. My copy is 1982
but there is a newer edition.
Toop, Edgar. _Annuals for the Prairies_. Lone Pine Publishing, the
University of Alberta and the University of Saskatchewan, 1993. ISBN
1-555105-034-X
Toop, Edgar W. and Sara Williams. _Perennials for the Prairies_.
Publisher as above, ISBN 1-555091-005-1
Hole, Lois. _Northern Flower Gardening_. Lone Pine, 1994. ISBN 1-55105-039-0
Hole, Lois. _Northern Vegetable Gardening_. Lone Pine, 1993 I think,
can't locate my copy.
Harp, H.F. _The Prairie Gardener_. Hurtig, 1970. ISBN 0-88830-093-X
(probably out of print, but ask your local library).
Vick, Roger. _Gardening on the Prairies : a guide to Canadian Home
Gardening_. Western Producer Prairie Books, 1987. ISBN 0-88833-119-3

I know there are others as well.  There's one on trees and shrubs for the
prairies that we have at work.  I work for Alberta Agriculture, Food and
Rural Development Library, so if anyone wants to email me direct I can
look it up.

Jane Starr
starr@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca or starr@agric.gov.ab.ca

Article 27604 of rec.gardens: