[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New Farm

On Wed, 1 Feb 1995 tabeles@tmn.com wrote:

> Many years ago rodale made the lconscious decilsion to eliminate a
> magazine called compost scilence and land utilization- not enough circ and
> wrong foucs etc- very similar to new Farm.. Jerry Goldsteiln, a former
> employee of Rodale bought the rights to the pub and now jg press is very
> successful with the mag- renamed biocycle.. J G has other pubs also
>
> so, , , , for the entrepreneurial- nough said
> tom abeles
> tabeles@tmn.com

BioCycle is moving towards a larger focus on farms, in part because so
much of the organic waste stream is now being managed by farmers.  In
fact, they have developed a special publication, called "Farm Scale
Composting" that will be a very up to date resource for on farm
composting.  They also publish a scientific journal of organic waste
management, called Compost Science and Utilization.  JG Press is at 419
State Ave., Emmaus, PA 18049.  (Same city as New Farmer).

Here in California, we have "Farmer to Farmer, published by the Community
Alliance with Family Farmers, which focuses on cutting chemical bills and
"going biological".  Subscription info at PO Box 73674, Davis, CA 95617.>