[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

native food and dietary changes

I believe it was a Mr. (or Ms. Nigh?) from Mexico who recently
expressed concern about dietary changes induced by imported or
processed foods? I'm afraid I deleted your e-mail this morning but
came across comething later that may be of use to you.

The Center for People, Food and Environment in Tucson, AR published
a book in 1991 called Food from Dryland Gardens: An Ecological,
Nutritional, and Social Approach to Small-Scale Household Food
Production.

The book looks at local "low-esteem" foods and includes information on
land use and nutrition. Resource organizations listed (and the
bibliography) may give you some additional tips.