[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

windbreak, shelterbelts, and sustainable agriculture

-=> Note:
Copied (from: alt.sustainable.agriculture) by Scott Parks using timEd.

From: wanghao@iastate.edu (Hao WANG)
Date: 16 Apr 1996 02:46:19 GMT

Hello:

We have been studying the sheltering effects of shelterbelts and
windbreaks for years. We would like to know if people interest
in our work.  We have published and are publishing a dozen
papers (please see the list of papers).  The reprints and
manuscripts are available on request.  If you need our
reprints and manuscripts, please write to
	Dr. Hao Wang
	3010 Agronomy Hall
	Iowa State University
	Ames, Iowa 50011
	USA
or send your fax letter to
	(515)292-3165 or (515)294-3163
or send your e-mail message to
	wanghao@iastate.edu
	(please send your message directly to me, NOT to net)

I greatly appreciate your interest.  Thank you very much !

Yours sincerely,

Dr. Hao Wang
Department of Agronomy and
Department of Geo. & Atmospheric Sciences
Iowa State University

Wang, H. and E.S. Takle, 1995: Boundary-layer flow and
turbulence near porous obstacles Part I. Derivation of a general
equation set for a porous medium.  Boundary-Layer Meteorology, 74,
73-88.

Wang, H. and E.S. Takle, 1995: A numerical simulation of
boundary-layer flows near shelterbelts.  Boundary-Layer
Meteorology, 75, 141-173.

Wang, H. and E.S. Takle, 1995: Numerical simulations of
shelterbelts on wind direction.  Journal of Applied Meteorology,
34, 2206-2219.

Wang, H. and E.S.Takle, 1995: On three-dimensionality of
shelterbelt structure and its influences on shelter effects.
Boundary-Layer Meteorology, accepted, in press.
After proof-reading.

Wang, H. and E.S. Takle, 1995: On shelter efficiency of
shelterbelts in oblique flows. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology,
accepted, in press.

Wang, H. and E.S. Takle, 1995: Modeling the effect of
shelterbelt shape on shelter efficiency. Journal of
Applied Meteorology, Accepted with revison.

Wang, H. and E.S. Takle, 1995: Momentum Budget of Boundary-Layer
Flow Perturbed by a Shelterbelt and Shelter Mechanism. Boundary-Layer
Meteorology, accepted with minor revison.

Wang, H. and E.S. Takle, 1995: On relationship between drag and
pressure-loss coefficients in atmospheric turbulent boundary layer.
Submitted to Boundary-Layer Meteorology.

Wang, H. and E.S. Takle, 1994: Mesoscale and boundary-layer
flows over inhomogeneous surface consisting of porous obstacles.
Preprints, 6th Conference on Mesoscale Processes, Portland, Oreg.,
Amer. Meteor. Soc., 262-265, July 1994.

Wang, H. and E.S. Takle, 1994: Interaction between mesoscale
circulation and synoptic flow as a function synoptic wind.
Preprints, 6th Conference on Mesoscale Processes, and preprints,
11th Conference on Numerical Weather Prediction, Portland, Oreg.,
Amer. Meteor. Soc., J6, July 1994.

Wang H. and E.S. Takle, 1995: Equations for mean and turbulent
flow through and over porous obstacles.  Preprints, 11th Symposium
on Boundary Layers and Turbulence, Charlotte, NC, Amer. Meteor.
Soc., March 1995.

Wang, H. and E.S. Takle, 1995: Simulation of mean and turbulent
properties of oblique flows near agricultural shelterbelts.
Preprints, 11th Symposium on Boundary Layers and Turbulence,
Charlotte, NC, Amer. Meteor. Soc., March 1995.

Wang, H. and E.S. Takle, 1996: Modeling evapotranspiration and
energy partition of inhomogeneous agroecosystems.  Preprints, 12th
Conference on Biometeorology and Aerobiology, American
Meteorological Society, Atlanta, Georgia, 28 January-2 February
1996.

Wang, H. and E.S. Takle, 1996:  Influences of shelterbelts on
turbulent flow and shelter mechanism.  Preprints, 22th Conference
on Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, American Meteorological
Society, Atlanta, Georgia, 28 January - 2 February 1996.

--
Hao Wang