[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Homestead books

Here are some books that we use fairly often.  If the
book is already on the list, then this is just a vote
for the books usefulness.

The Owner-Build Homestead
Ken Kern
Owner Builder Publications, 1975

The Farmer's Dog
John Holmes
Popular Dogs Publishing, 1984

The Four-Season Harvest
Eliot Coleman
R. R. Donneley & Sons, 1992

The Bread machine Cookbook IV
(Whole grains & natural sugars)
Donna German
Bristol Publishing, 1992

How to Survive Without a Salary
Charles Long
Horizon Publishing, 1981

The Handbook for Fruit Explorers
Ram Fishman
North American Fruit Explorers, 1986

NAFEX is an organization of people who experiment with fruit
trees.  It has a periodic newsletter which is consists
of articles and letter submitted by members.  I recommend
it for anyone interested in fruit trees.  The handbook
above is part of the membership fees.  I don't have the
current address, if anyone wants it I will post it when
the next newsletter arrives.

I read somewhere that Eliot Coleman bought land from the
Nearings and somewhat follows in their foot steps.  His
book seems to be practical data from someone who is serious
about food production.

Ken Kern's book is a little out of date, but fun reading.
It has the feel of someone who has had hands on experience.

Jeff (vote with your lifestyle)
Article 645 of alt.sustainable.agriculture: