[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Merger Mania (was: Modem Wars)

  it is interesting---we are shaping up to have 2 very big
   gorillas --- not so much fighting to the death, i
  would say, as both getting very rich...

  it is amazing how many of the big name people in networking
 	have been bought up by these 2 companises

  modem-in-software --> marginal cost goes to zero.
  this is a very important trend to watch forin multimedia--
	 as the chips get fast enough the special-purpose
	 hardware disappears (no more mpeg cardds or even
	 sound cards).

				---bert j