[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Groundwater Dating Methodology using concordance (fwd)

Sender: MWELCH@TrentU.ca
Subject: WSN: Groundwater Dating Methodology using concordance

I hope that I am posting this correctly, I am new to the listserv world
and have yet to read all the instructions.

I am a graduate student in the Watershed Ecosystem Graduate Studies
programme at Trent University in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada.  I will
be working with Jack Cornett at Atomic Energy of Canada Limited (AECL) in
Chalk River, Ontario.

My thesis work will entail developing a method to calibrate current dating
techniques in order to determine waters' residence time in a mixed
aquifer.

I would welcome receiving information on any current "cross-dating"
techniques.  At the moment I am thinking of sticking to radio and stable
isotopic tracers however, I welcome suggestions on other dating
techniques that may be integrated to increase the accuracy of the overall
dating method.

Regards,

Mary Jo Welch
A prairie waif lost in the hinterland of Ontario
Watershed Ecosystem Graduate Studies
Trent University
Peterborough, Ontario K9J 7B8
email: MWelch@ivory.trentu.ca