[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

reactions - melting of ice (fwd)

Sender: huinink@fenk.WAU.NL
Subject: WSN: melting of ice - summary

Dear Waterlisters,

A bit late but here is summary of "all" responses on my request about
the melting of ice. It is not that much but if somebody has more remarks,
they are welcome!

REACTION 1 - from:Dr Haymet *******************************

  You may be interested in some of my review articles:

  The Crystal/Liquid Interface
  Chemical Reviews 92, 1819-37 (1992)
  [contains review of water and silicon solid/liquid interfaces.]

  Freezing, Chapter 9 of Fundamentals
  of Inhomogeneous Fluids, edited by Douglas Henderson
  Marcel Dekker, 1992) ISBN 0-8247-8711-0
  [statistical mechanics of freezing]

  There are also more recent research articles.

  Tony Haymet
  Professor  A.D.J. Haymet FRACI        Theoretical Chemistry
  e-mail:    haymet@chem.usyd.edu.au    School of Chemistry (F11)
  telephone: +61-2- 351-3330            University of Sydney
  fax:       +61-2- 351-3329            NSW 2006 AUSTRALIA

  REACTION 2 - from:Dr Leggett **********************************

        I can't answer your question, but refer you to papers by A.D.J.
  Haymet.  I suggest you also pose these questions to V.F. Petrenko:
  Victor.F.Petrenko@Dartmouth.Edu

  Dan Leggett

  Daniel C. Leggett
  Research Chemist
  U.S. Army Cold Regions Research and Engineering Laboratory
  Hanover, NH 03755-1290
  Tel:  603-646-4626
  Fax:  603-646-4561
  Email:  dleggett@crrel41.crrel.usace.army.mil