Reading the LXX (Re: EKAQEUDEN: Is Perseus wrong?)

John Baima (jbaima@silvermnt.com)
Sat, 11 Jan 1997 15:12:10 -0600

At 03:19 PM 1/11/97 -0500, Jonathan Robie wrote:
>I can't find this word in BAGD. (Does this mean I really need to buy another
>lexicon to read Septuagint?

Absolutely! Although the word in question (KAQEUDW) is a NT word, there are
about 10,000 different words in the LXX which are not in NT lexica. There
are less than 6,000 different words in the NT.

>Or is this the time to consider buying LSJ?

Yes!

The Perseus morph results means that the word KAQEUDW is KATA + EU(/DW.
While the Perseus morph engine is a wonderful tool, it, like all tools,
esp. computer tools, needs to be used with care!

John Baima
Silver Mountain Software 1029 Tanglewood Dr, Cedar Hill TX 75104-3019
jbaima@silvermnt.com http://www.silvermnt.com
Fax *972* 293-6641 Voice *972* 293-2920