Re: Ephesians 3:1,2 - TOUTOU CARIN, EI GE

Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Sun, 02 Feb 1997 21:43:35 -0500

At 07:51 PM 2/2/97 -0600, Carl W. Conrad wrote:

>>I think I understood the genitive chain in Ephesians 3:2, so I'll give
>>myself 2 points for the day ;->
>
>Okay, go forward 2 spaces and then back 2; you really didn't need a grammar
>here but should have found both of these in a lexicon, s.v. XARIS and GE.

Actually, I had looked both up in BAGD before I posted this. You gave me a
better explanation of XARIN than BAGD did, and I wasn't sure how to choose
among various possibilities for EI GE.

So should I go back 4 spaces for not being able to get this out of the lexicon?

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie
Ph: 919.598.5728 Fax: 919.598.6728
email: jwrobie@mindspring.com, jonathan@poet.com