1 Cor 13:8-13

I realize for most this is old hat.  But I am having a couple of problems
and would like to get some imput on it.

1.  prophateiai - in verse 8,  Is it referring to the gift of prophecy or
is it referring to the product of the gift - a prophecy itself.  This would
refer to all three in this verse tongues, prophecy and knowledge.

2.  Why does verse 9 leave out tongues.

3.  Then what is the relationship with knowledge and prophecy in verse 12
in contrast with verse 9.

4.  And if verse 10 is referring to the parusa, second coming.  Then how
will this effect prophecy and knowledge and tongues today.

Just some thoughts, for the noble, to chew over and respond.

Thanks for your insight,
Phil