Use of Comparative in 3John 4

This verse begins with the word "MEIZO/TERAN", which appears to be a
regularly-formed comparative of an adjective.  The problem I'm having
with the semantics of this word is that the adjective on which it is
based is itself an irregular comparitive form.  Thus, there is a "double
comparitive" sense to this word.  I don't know offhand if this form is
elsewhere used in the NT.  What is the semantic difference between
"MEI/ZON" and "MEIZO/TEROS"?   Are their other examples of irregular
comparitives being used as bases in which a comparitive infix is also
used?

    -Chuck Stevens [SMTP:  Charles.Stevens@unisys.com]