Re: APOSTASIA in 2 Thess 2:3

Steven Cox (scox@ns1.chinaonline.com.cn.net)
Sun, 13 Jul 1997 01:18:47 +0800

Hi Bill
Jerome also uses DISCESSIO in Acts 21:21 so it
seems unlikely that his use in 2 Thess 2:3 has
any more positive flavour, and the Acts use
is not spatial but (in James' view) doctrinal.

James speech in 21:20-25 is a defence of the
Law entirely couched in Mosaic terms; therefore
it might be worthwhile identifying the Mosaic
references underlying APOSTASIA in the NT.
Cheers
Steven