Re: an honest question...

Andrew Kulikovsky (anku@celsiustech.se)
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 09:05:13 +0000

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Frantz Iago wrote:

> I personaly believe that the Bible is innerrant (trust worthy) in its
> message, being the word of Christ the infallible message of the
> Almighty. Dealing with obvious textual problems within the Greek NT
> and ancient versions or manuscripts of it in Aramaic, Hebrew,
> Armenian, Coptic, Greek, Slavic, etc. (which I have studied) is a
> different issue and cannot be dismissed by simply saying a confession
> on innerrancy nor it invalidate our faith and views on the Bible and
> its message of hope, redemption, salvation, peace, justice, love, and
> mercy.

I agree wholeheartedly with the above.

I don't just believe in inerrancy because it is part of my Christian
heritage - I believe in inerrancy for good theological, philosophical and
epistemological reasons.

I realise there are apparent contradictions and textual problems and I
attribute the problems we have in understanding to God's greatness and
man comparative smallness.

cheers,
Andrew