Re: Rev 2:20 - "the adultery of eating food"

Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 09:08:09 -0400

At 08:24 AM 9/30/97, Stephen C. Carlson wrote:
>At 07:10 9/30/97 -0400, Jonathan Robie wrote:

>>Incidentally, hendiasys is not in the index of Porter's "Idioms of the Greek
>>New Testatament" either.
>
>I don't have Porter's, but if it is in the index, it would be found under
>"hendiaDys" (hEN DIA DUS = one through two), not hendiasys. If you have
>BDF (or can make the proper conversion from BDR), hendiadys is found at
>¤ 442(16). Here is a quote:

I didn't find it in Porter, but I did find it in BDR, in the same section
you quoted, but a different subsection (¤ 442(9)).

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie jwrobie@mindspring.com http://www.mindspring.com/~jwrobie
POET Software, 3207 Gibson Road, Durham, N.C., 27703 http://www.poet.com