[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Canon of Thomas

Nicheal, what I was referring to when I said the "early Christian church"
was the main stream church.  Yes the Gospel of Thomas was accepted by several
of the fringe churches.  A good book about this is "The Other Bible" edited
by Willis Barnstone, I also have a book at home(somewhere) that talks about
the Gopel of Thomas and why it wasn't accepted by the wider (ie. main stream)
church.  Also when we look at this book (Thomas) and many of the others we
must check to see if it is consistant with the other books of the Canon, I have
a book at home (somewhere) that talks about how the early church fathers came up
with the Canon as it is today, when I find it I'll post the title.

Dan
GILBERTD@vaxine.swac.edu