[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

True Parents and the Completed Testament Age

     In May through July, 1993, Mrs. Hak Ja Han Moon,
International President of the Women's Federation for World
Peace, delivered this speech in 44 American cities. In October
1993, she delivered it on 40 college campuses in Korea, and then
in November and December 1993 in 44 countries around the world.
In 1994, she and will be speaking on 100 college campuses in
America starting in March, then on 100 college campuses in Japan
followed by a 70 nation speaking tour.

     A mother of thirteen and grandmother of twenty, Mrs. Moon
spoke out of deep love for our nation and our family life.

     I offer her speech as an opportunity for you to judge for
yourself.

Damian Anderson
9229 Frostburg Way
Montgomery Village, MD 20879
damiana@cap.gwu.edu
301-921-0082

               True Parents and the Completed Testament Age
                            Mrs. Hak Ja Han Moon

     Honored Guests, Ladies and Gentlemen:

     I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to you for coming
here today.  I am truly moved to see so many of you committed to
building a peaceful world.

     As we all know, our world today is not a world of peace and
happiness but a world filled with conflict and despair.  We are
confronted with the breakdown of our families and the moral
decline of our society.

     We have become a nation of talk shows.  We debate the issues
over and over again and yet find no solutions.  Why is this?=20
This is because a true solution must include God and deal with
the root of the problem and not just the symptoms.  To find this
root, we must first understand God's purpose of creation and
realize that we, today, face the most important turning point in
the history of God's providence.

     At this crucial time, God asked my husband, the Reverend Sun
Myung Moon, to bring a new revelation to the American people.  My
husband, accordingly, just delivered this new message of hope in
12 major cities across America.  Now, I would like to give you
this same message, entitled "True Parents and the Completed
Testament Age."

God's Original Ideal

     God's ideal in creating the first human ancestors, Adam and
Eve, was that they perfect themselves through true love so that
they could then create a good family of true love, true life, and
true lineage.  Such a good family would have been formed on the
basis of unified heart and mind among family members in front of
God.

     When God created Adam and Eve, His first son and daughter,
God wanted them to be better than Himself. Traditional thinking
would say that this is absurd.  But please take a moment to think
about this.  When we as parents look into the faces of our
children, we wish upon them an infinite amount of love and hope.=20
We want them to grow and achieve things we ourselves only dreamed
of.

     Similarly, God wants to give limitlessly to His children.=20
God is not content in giving just 100 percent.  God's desire is
to give a thousand times more than what He has.  The nature of
God's Love is to give completely and then forget what He has
given.  Unlike some who calculate how much they have given and
decide that it is enough, for God enough is never enough.

     Moreover, God's purpose in creating the world was to have an
object of love.  His purpose in creating parents and children,
husbands and wives, and all things in this world in complementary
pairs was to substantiate true love throughout His creation.=20
Likewise, parents are to live for their children, and children
for their parents.  Husbands are to live for their wives, and
wives for their husbands. All beings in creation are to live for
and give to others.

     If God's ideal of true love had been realized through Adam's
family, that family would have become the beginning of the
heavenly kingdom.  It would have expanded throughout all of
history to the clan, to the nation, and to the world. This would
have been the world of true love=FEthe Kingdom of Heaven on Earth.=20
Furthermore, there would have been a parallel expansion of the
heavenly kingdom in the spiritual world.

Human History's False Start

     If God's original ideal had been realized, then there would
have been no need of a Messiah or of God's providence to save
humanity.  Adam's family, though it was merely a single family,
would have been the center of the clan, of the nation, and of the
world.  It would have been the blueprint for all families in the
future.  It would have been the model for the realization of
God's ideal world.

     Because of the fall of the original human ancestors, God's
work of salvation had to begin.  Salvation history had to be
repeatedly extended through the complicated and suffering courses
of the Old Testament Age and the New Testament Age, culminating
in today's Completed Testament Age.  God's ideal of the true
family and the heavenly kingdom, which He wanted to realize
through Adam's family, was destroyed because Adam and Eve fell
away from God.

     Due to the Fall, this present world is far from the good
world of God's ideal.  Today's world is, in fact, a "false"
world, in that it is flooded with self-centered love.  This came
about because Adam and Eve became false parents based on false
and self-centered love with Satan.  They multiplied evil rather
than goodness, creating a false family and passing on false life
and a false lineage to their descendants. Thus, false clans,
false nations, and a false world came into being.

Formula for Reconciliation

     Therefore, the goal in God's dispensation of salvation is
for a man and a woman, representing Adam and Eve, to be restored
as True Parents centered on God's true love, so that the true
family can be formed.  From them would eventually flow the true
clan, the true nation, and the true world. In other words, the
seed from which God's true love, true life, and true lineage can
grow must be created.

     My dear friends, have you ever wondered how a world filled
with such evil and corruption could come from a God of love and
goodness?

     If you read the Bible carefully, you will see that the fall
of man involves the loss of Adam's entire family.  First, the
position of parents was lost through the fall of Adam and Eve.=20
Second, the position of children was lost as Cain murdered Abel.=20
God's "blueprint" for an ideal family and world perfection was
lost.  Therefore, to restore the original family, God works in
reverse to reclaim the positions of Cain and Abel, and then the
positions of True Mother and True Father. This pattern of
reconciliation of Cain and Abel as the foundation for restoring
the True Parents has been God's consistent formula throughout the
history of restoration.

     The separation of fallen mankind into a Cain-Abel division
occurs over and over again in Judeo-Christian history.  God first
of all separated fallen mankind into two "brotherly" sides of
Cain, symbolizing Satan, and Abel, symbolizing God, to work out
the hatreds resulting from the Fall.  God used the method of
having Abel be hit first and sacrificed.  As a result, Abel could
stand on that very foundation to embrace Cain and recover the
blessing given to the elder son.  For example, the religion that
most advances the purpose of salvation always receives Satan's
most severe persecution.  It walks the path of constant
opposition yet continues its sacrificial effort to save the
sinful world.  Likewise, good people always stand in the position
of being struck first and sacrificed.

     Looking almost anywhere in our fallen world, it is easy to
notice struggles between good and evil, similar to the struggle
between Cain and Abel.  These struggles start in the conflict
between each individual's mind and body.  The mind, which
represents the Abel side, struggles to overcome the body, which
represents the Cain side.  The struggle within individuals has
expanded to the family, nation, and world.  As a result,
humankind has always been divided into two opposing camps, one
good, or Abel-like, and the other evil, or Cain-like, locked in
struggle at every level.  It has always been God's intention,
however, that both sides be restored, not that one triumph over
and destroy the other.

     Some examples of this division are: the thief on the right
side of Jesus' cross, representing Abel, and the thief on the
left, representing Cain, and South Korea versus North Korea,
which represents the last conflict between right wing and left
wing on the world level.  Moreover, there is the Christian-Muslim
conflict in the Middle East.  So the key to God's work of
salvation has always been to unify such divided sides, based on
His ideal, in order to build a foundation on which to reclaim the
True Mother and True Father.

     Ladies and gentlemen, if a family is not centered on God's
ideal of love, there will be conflict among the members of that
family.  Without God's love as an absolute center, such a family
will ultimately break down.  Moreover, a nation of such families
will also decline.  Because illicit, self-centered love invaded
the first family, selfishness and greed have continued to
dominate human history from the individual to the family,
society, nation, and world.  For this reason, God's work of
restoration begins at the individual level.  Since Satan knows
this, he focuses his efforts also on the individual level.

     It is not by chance that self-centered individualism has
become the dominant way of life in these last days.  People feel
increasingly alienated from those around them, and bear little
sense of responsibility for the well-being of their country,
society, or even their own families.  Rising divorce statistics
indicate that husbands and wives feel little responsibility
toward their marriages; parents do not take responsibility for
their children; individuals, devoid of any sense of human
dignity, fail even to take responsibility for themselves.

     America has seen such phenomena at work beginning with the
youth movement of the sixties.  Idealistic youth rejected the
materialism around them in order to seek love and peace, but in
the process, they also abandoned morality and responsibility.=20
Unable to attain the true love they sought, many disillusioned
young people resorted to suicide, drug abuse, and free sex.

True Love vs. Free Sex

     Of all these, what pains God most is free sex.  A world of
free sex is absolutely contrary to the Will of God.  Love comes
from stimulation of unblemished emotion, but free sex is totally
devoid of purity or true emotion.  How many of us have been
touched by the cruelty of infidelity and divorce?  Where is God
in all the one-night stands? What about the nightmares of the
children who are sexually abused by a parent?  Is free sex worth
the price of a broken child?

     Equally alarming is the policy of giving school children
condoms, teaching the illusion of safe sex, and surrendering to
the assumption that premarital sex is inevitable.  Indeed, where
there is homosexuality, free sex, drugs, and alcoholism, the
world of true love is far away.

     In this world, Satan openly tells people, "Drink!  Smoke!=20
Take drugs!  Have sex!"  Those who do God's Will, on the other
hand, live a lifestyle that is 180 degrees different from this.=20
Throughout history, those who chose to walk a spiritual path of
self-sacrifice have been bitterly opposed and persecuted by the
rest of the world.  It is only God's love and blessing which have
allowed the Unification Church, despite worldwide opposition, to
prosper.  The fact that our church has risen from obscurity in
war-torn Korea, to become a world-level religious movement in
only 38 years, testifies to God's continued guidance and support.

     There are those who continue to oppose the Unification
Church, spreading wild rumors or trying to prevent our teachings
from being heard.  Again, Satan's way is always to attack that
which is most precious to God.  Yet those who go against the Will
of God can never prosper.  The principle holds true that those on
God's side, who can endure unjust persecution, will win the right
to take back the blessing.  God's strategy is always to be hit
first, and then take back what is rightfully His.

Restoring True Love

     Ladies and gentlemen, the Bible teaches that Eve first
disobeyed God and entered into a relationship with Satan.  Due to
the Fall, not only Eve, but also Adam and their sons Cain and
Abel, inherited Satan's lineage, based upon selfishness and false
love.  As the descendants of the original couple which was
compromised by Satan, we have all inherited a satanic lineage.=20
This is why Jesus said in John 8:44, "You are of your father, the
devil."

     The Old Testament described a process of restitution
according to the formula "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a
tooth." In the Divine Principle, we refer to making restitution
for a wrong as "paying indemnity."  To make restitution for her
wrong actions, fallen Eve needed to take the entire
responsibility upon herself.  She should have reversed the
actions of the Fall and made spiritual and physical restitution
for each step of the Fall.

     It was God's Will that Eve assist her younger son, Abel, to
unite with the Will of God.  We know from Genesis that Abel had
his offering accepted by God.  However, this was not all that was
expected of Abel.  Through Abel's love, Cain was supposed to
recognize Abel as God's chosen person and unite with him.

     If Cain and Abel had united, the second of the two problems
of the Fall would have been solved.  God would then have
addressed the problem of Adam and Eve.  Eve was meant to stand as
the first mother of humanity.  She should have united Cain and
Abel and worked to establish a foundation for True Parents.  Eve,
however, did not fulfill this mission in her lifetime, and
history had to wait for another woman who would pay fallen Eve's
restitution.

Rebekah: A Model Case

     In the Bible, one of God's great heroines is Rebekah, the
spouse of Isaac. As the mother of Jacob and Esau, Rebekah held
the same position in Isaac's family that Eve held in Adam's
family.  Unlike Eve, however, Rebekah understood God's providence
and helped her second son, Jacob, representing Abel's position,
to gain the blessing destined for the first son, Esau.

     Just as Cain killed Abel, Esau wanted to kill Jacob when the
blessing went to his younger brother. But with Rebekah's help,
these brothers eventually reconciled in a warm embrace, rather
than resorting to violence.

     This reconciliation was a major victory for God.  This
victory, nevertheless, was not complete, since the reconciliation
represented only a symbolic purification of blood lineage.   The
substantial purification of blood lineage had to be accomplished
in the womb.  This is the reason for the paradoxical story of
Tamar.

     By understanding that Tamar, like Rebekah, was in the
position of fallen Eve, it becomes possible to understand why
Jesus was born of her lineage, the tribe of Judah.

     I am sure that many of you have read the story about the
birth of her twins.  She conceived with Judah, her father-in-law,
the twins Perez and Zerah.  The Bible tells us that the two sons
struggled even in the womb for the position of first-born.=20
During Tamar's labor, Zerah's hand emerged and the midwife tied a
red string around his wrist.  Then, Zerah's hand disappeared back
into the womb and Perez, the younger, was born as the elder!=20
Thus, the positions of Cain and Abel were restored even before
birth took place.  It was from this point that the Israelite
people became the nation chosen to receive the Messiah.

     In terms of conventional morality, the stories of Rebekah
and Tamar would be questionable at best.  Why God blessed them
was a theological mystery until today.  As we now see, God needed
to reclaim His lineage from Satan so that Jesus could be born.=20
Purified, true-love blood lineage was the point from which the
Israelite nation started expanding.  The word Israel means
victory.  Their victory was the purification of blood lineage.

Mary's Life-Risking Course

     The lineage of Judah developed for generations, expanding to
the levels of tribe, society, and nation.  From this same
lineage, Mary was born in Israel 2,000 years later.

     Mary had the responsibility to unite Cain and Abel figures
on the family, clan, and national levels through paying
appropriate indemnity and restoring elder sonship.  Mary
responded to God's call and conceived Jesus even though, in the
eyes of others, she had betrayed her parents and Joseph, to whom
she was engaged.  At that time, it was customary to stone to
death any woman who became pregnant out of wedlock.  However,
Joseph, standing in the position of Adam, courageously protected
his fiancee and resisted abandoning her.

     Because of Mary's faith, and the work of Rebekah and Tamar,
Satan could not claim sovereignty over Jesus in Mary's womb.
Jesus was born in the position of a true son under God's
complete, direct lineage.  He is the first true son of God after
the purification of the fallen blood lineage.  That is why Jesus,
the first-begotten son of God, is the saint of all saints and the
ancestor of God's true blood lineage.  His birth represented the
conclusion of the Old Testament Age at the national level and the
dawn of the New Testament Age at the worldwide level.

     Mary, in the position to restore fallen Eve, had to build a
unity between Jesus, who was in the position of Abel, and his
elder cousin, John the Baptist, who was in the position of Cain.=20
This unity was essential for the people of Israel to identify
Jesus as the Messiah.

     John was the elder.  He had a great following and was widely
respected. As Jesus explained to his disciples, the ministry of
John was the fulfillment of the Old Testament prophecy that
Elijah the prophet would return to "make straight the way of the
Lord."

     But did John fulfill his role in God's providence?  The
Gospel of Luke tells us that John came "in the spirit and power
of Elijah."  John, however, denied that he was Elijah, and
doubted the Messiahship of Jesus even after he had received a
clear revelation at the Jordan River at the time of Jesus'
baptism.  John was a well-respected religious figure, while Jesus
was seen as only the illegitimate son of a poor carpenter.=20
Without the support of John, it was impossible for the Jewish
people to believe in and follow Jesus.  Alone, Jesus undertook
the difficult path of proclaiming himself.

     John the Baptist should have helped Jesus reach the
religious leadership of Israel.  If John had fulfilled his role,
then Judaism, in the position of Abel, and the nation of Israel,
in the position of Cain, could have united centered on Jesus.

     This would have laid the foundation for the Marriage of the
Lamb.  Jesus would have stood as the True Father of humanity, and
his bride would have stood as the True Mother of humanity.

     In less than seven years, his teaching would have expanded
rapidly to the worldwide level, winning Asia and Rome to his side
before he was 40.  Eventually, Jesus and his bride would have
achieved the individual heavenly kingdom, family heavenly
kingdom, clan heavenly kingdom, and national heavenly kingdom.

A Dream Unfulfilled

     However, this glorious destiny could not be realized.  It
was the religious people themselves who rejected Jesus' words and
called for His crucifixion.

     Confronted by the faithlessness in Israel, Jesus determined
to give his life to achieve spiritual salvation for humankind.=20
However, he would have to come again in order to bring physical
or earthly salvation in addition to spiritual salvation.

     This is why the mind can draw close to God through Jesus,
but the body continues to be tempted by evil.  Even Saint Paul
anguished over the contradiction of the desires of the flesh and
the desires of the spirit.  Many great Christian evangelists have
also suffered because of this contradiction.  At the dawn of the
Completed Testament Age, the crucial challenge is to accomplish
both physical salvation and spiritual salvation.

     Because of Jesus' death on the cross, the conflict between
left wing and right wing appeared. This is like the separation
into Cain and Abel necessitated by Adam's fall.  Likewise, Islam
and Christianity appeared and began struggling. Because such
separation was caused by the crucifixion of Jesus, Christ will
work for unity at the time of the Second Coming.

The Unity Imperative

     God's preparation for the Second Advent required a world-
level foundation of successful Cain-Abel reconciliation.  This
dispensation was carried out through the events surrounding World
War II.  The Allied countries of Britain, America, and France
represented Christianity and were in the position of Abel.  The
Axis countries of Germany, Japan, and Italy were under the
influence of nationalistic militarism and stood in the position
of Cain.  This war represented the expansion of the conflict
between Cain and Abel to the world level.

     Immediately after the Allied victory, great strides were
made toward creating a world of peace centered upon Christianity.=20
With Britain in the world-level position of Eve, and America and
France representing Abel and Cain respectively, these Allied
nations stood in the position ready to receive the Lord of the
Second Advent.

     Despite all of this preparation, God's dispensation was not
fulfilled at that time.  God's representative came to bring His
word and was met with tremendous persecution and almost universal
misunderstanding. This paralleled Jesus' situation 2,000 years
ago.  Just as the Israelites of Jesus' time awaited the Second
Coming of Elijah on a chariot descending from heaven, Christians
awaited the Second Coming by expecting Jesus himself to descend
on a cloud from the sky.

     In Revelation, Jesus reveals to the Apostle John that he
will come with a new name.  This foreshadowed that Jesus would
come again through another man, just as Elijah had done.

     At this crucial time after World War II, then, God
instructed my husband to bring a new message of truth to
Christians in Korea. Korean Christian leaders, however, rejected
the possibility that he, a humble young man, had been chosen to
bring this new message.  Because the New Testament Age is an
extension of the Old Testament Age, they could not believe that
the Second Coming would be born as a man on earth any more than
the Jewish people could believe it at the time of Jesus.

     If the Christian churches had become one with my husband,
the heavenly kingdom would already have been established on earth
as well as in heaven.  During the seven-year period from 1945 to
1952, when the New Testament Age ended, the entire world could
have united in accordance with the providence of God.

A Thorny Path

     Instead of uniting with him, however, these religious
leaders became jealous of the growing number of his followers.
They blindly opposed my husband without hearing him out.  They
even spread lies about him.  Rumors of sexual misconduct and
greed, the very antithesis of his teachings, were used to
assassinate his character.

     God had expanded Christianity and had raised up a mighty
Christian nation like America for the purpose of preparing the
way for the Second Coming.  Whether they realized it or not,
those ministers in Korea represented all of Christianity.=20
Because America and worldwide Christianity failed to unite with
my husband after World War II, they began to decline in their
power and moral authority.

     After World War II, the United States and Christianity stood
on a victorious foundation of Cain-Abel unity.  The time was ripe
to receive the Second Coming.  However, this opportunity failed
to materialize and the whole world opposed my husband's work.  He
was expelled into the wilderness.  He was forced to the bottom
and has been climbing back up ever since.

     Thus, the Cold War began.  The world separated again into
two worldwide spheres of Cain and Abel, just as it had during
World War II.  Denying God, just as the thief on the left denied
Jesus, communism represented the Cain-type world. Christian
democracies, which affirmed the existence of God, represented the
thief on the right, and the Abel-type world.

     It was God's Will that the Messiah of the Second Coming
should unite the two hostile blocs.  That is why we mobilized our
church to help settle conflicts between the right wing,
represented by the free world, and the left wing, represented by
communism.  We have also worked on behalf of Christianity and
Judaism as a peacemaker with our Islamic brothers and sisters.

     During the Cold War period, my husband fought to break down
barriers on the individual, family, clan, national, worldwide,
and cosmic levels in order to rebuild the lost foundation to
receive the Messiah.  Since my husband cannot live for 4,000
years or for 400 years, he knew that he would have to indemnify
all of history in just 40 years.  During this period of four
decades, he restored the 4,000-year history before Jesus, and the
6,000-year biblical history since the Creation.  After this
indemnity was paid, the Cold War ended through the unity of Cain
and Abel countries.  This was consummated by the Unification
Church at the 1988 Seoul Olympics, where 160 nations of the world
came to Korea.

     For decades, my husband has been completely misunderstood.=20
For three years, he was imprisoned in a North Korean communist
concentration camp.  Altogether, he has been wrongly imprisoned
six times for doing God's work.  Moreover, the media have mocked
him as a monster who brainwashes the young for self-benefit.  Can
anyone disagree when I say that Reverend Moon is the most
persecuted religious leader in the world?  My heart is broken
when I think of how my husband has suffered.  But he always
comforts me reassuring me that God has deep compassion for those
persecuted for doing His work.

     My husband and I have walked a path of indemnity, or
restitution, in order to restore the failures of the past,
including those of the Old and New Testament eras.  Korea can be
compared to the Old Testament Age, while America, a mostly
Christian civilization, can be compared to the New Testament Age.=20
For the first 20 years, my husband walked the road of indemnity
of the Old Testament Age, centering on the Korean nation and the
Unification Church, representing the positions of the Israelite
nation and Judaism, respectively.  On the foundation of this
work, we established in 1960 the Holy Wedding of True Parents on
the national level.  Then, in 1971, my husband and I came to
America.  Over the next 20 years in the U.S., we walked the path
of indemnity to fulfill the New Testament Age and to begin the
Completed Testament Age.  Thus, we established the True Parents'
family, the origin of true love, true life, and true blood
lineage, based on God.

     The reason why America is essential in the providential
dispensation is because of her close ties with the Christian
churches, Judaism, and Israel.

     Even though America has dismissed and opposed my husband's
work, we continue to pray for America to realize her providential
responsibility.  It is our sincere desire that America avoids
repeating her failure.  A failure to unite with God's Will would
create the need for further indemnity and would deprive America
of the blessing that God wishes to bestow upon this great nation.=20
Indeed, without the help of our Unification movement, America
would have waned long ago.

     Rome thought that the world existed only for the sake of
Rome. She did not realize that God had raised her up for the
purpose of uniting with the Messiah and serving the world.

     America faces a similar situation today.  People must
realize that God blessed America not for herself but for the sake
of the world.  America's Pilgrim Fathers did not come here for
wealth.  They came here to attend God.  If America fails to
remember the purpose for which she is blessed, then her blessing
will cease and she will perish.  My husband and I desperately
want to prevent this.  We must save America.

     For 20 years, we have struggled in this country, trying to
bring God's message to the American people.  American leaders,
prominent Christians and other leading figures of the world have
only a faint idea of the forces that shape the future.  They can
offer little insight, hope, or guidance to their people.  In
these chaotic times, humankind is longing for a true direction
and purpose, yet America and Christianity have no confident
answer.  God, however, has granted my husband and me an
understanding of the forces involved in His providential history.=20
We know the direction that humankind must go, and with the help
of God, we will lead the world there.

What the Unification Church Offers

     The truth which God revealed to my husband is contained in
the Divine Principle.  Looking at the history of humankind and
the stories of the Bible from the providential viewpoint, the
Divine Principle unlocks the answers to questions unsolved for
thousands of years.  Those who have sincerely studied its
contents have found it to be a true gift from God, providing the
only solutions to the problems facing our society today.  Even in
the formerly communist C.I.S., government leaders and thousands
of young people have found their lives renewed through their
studies of our teachings.  Finally free from the oppression of
communist ideology, they are hungry for the spiritual truth to
guide their nations.  Russian classrooms where our members are
teaching "Godism," or "Head-wing Ideology," are overflowing.

     There are countless other testimonies to the power of the
Divine Principle to give hope and new life to young people.  Last
year, in Korea, we held a wedding celebration for 30,000 couples,
all dedicating their lives to one another, to God, and to the
world.  In most families today, parents cannot effectively guide
their children, especially on such intimate matters as love and
marriage.  Yet, my husband and I brought together young people
from 131 different nations and realized their most cherished
dreams of love in a historic way.  This was indeed a great
miracle of the modern world.  In the future, as people come to
understand the value and quality of these precious families,
millions will seek such marriages.  Through them, God can restore
the family that Satan has destroyed. Such restored, God-centered
families are the very building blocks of an ideal nation and
world.

     My dear friends, when Jesus taught about the coming of the
Messiah, he told the parable of the virgins who were awaiting the
arrival of the bridegroom. According to the book of Revelation,
Christianity is portrayed as a bride. America, representing
Christianity, can also be seen as a bride nation.

Women's Crucial Role

     Therefore, America must take the responsibility of creating
a foundation for worldwide unity upon which the bridegroom can
finally be received.  This signifies the restoration of the
original positions of man and woman, restored Adam and Eve, to
the realm of true equality.  At this turning point in the history
of restoration, a woman in the position of True Mother must
prepare the world to receive the True Father.

     When Christianity failed to meet her bridegroom the first
time, God's dispensation had to be delayed 40 years until 1992.=20
During this time, my husband and I have worked and prayed to
bring about the unity of Korea, Britain, America, France, Japan,
Germany, and Italy.

     That is why, in April 1992, my husband and I founded the
Women's Federation for World Peace.  Last year, I, with the heart
of a True Mother, visited these seven countries, as well as
Russia and Oceania.  I gathered together the women of these
countries to form chapters of the Women's Federation for World
Peace.  With these events, the nations that had been the
worldwide Cain and Abel countries since World War II united
together to receive the True Mother and prepare again the
foundation to meet the True Father.

     Based upon this foundation, my husband and I can now stand
on a worldwide level as the first True Parents.  As True Parents,
we are ushering in the Completed Testament Age.

     At this historical turning point, we have to practice on the
worldwide level the principle that an individual's mind and body
must be united centered on God.  To facilitate this, we have
founded two organizations working for world peace.  The Inter-
Religious Federation for World Peace represents the world mind,
and carries out the internal mission of uniting all the world's
religions on the basis of God's love.  The Federation for World
Peace, on the other hand, represents the world body, and pursues
the external mission of building up ideal societies with leaders
in the fields of politics, economics, media, academia, and
science.

Completing the Family Foundation

     Looking at the vertical perspective of love, Adam and Eve
should have related directly with God by developing in themselves
the four types of love: children's love, brother-sister love,
conjugal love, and parental love.

     Therefore, Adam and Eve should have originally gone through
the four spheres of the heart, centering on God's true love, as
completed children, completed brother and sister, loving couple,
and perfected parents.  They would have, thus, achieved the
completed family.

     Adam and Eve should have become the role models for all in
their family.  Their children would have looked to their parents
as ideal role models.  They would have become brothers and
sisters who loved each other as their parents loved them. They
would have become married couples resembling the husband-wife
relationship of their parents.  Finally, with the birth of
children, they would have established their own completed
families, identical to that of their parents.

     By setting up ideal, unbreakable families that fulfill the
vertical and horizontal unity between parents and children,
brothers and sisters, and husband and wife, we can finally build
the eternal basis for God's kingdom on earth as well as in
heaven.  Thus, all the families in the world originating from the
same God-centered ancestors, Adam and Eve, would have equal,
divine value.

Extension of the Messianic Ideal

     Ladies and gentlemen, at the dawn of the Completed Testament
Age, the time has come for each family to take up the messianic
mission of completing the work of salvation all over the world.=20
After restoring your family, the next step is to restore your
community, tribe, and nation.  We call this process "tribal
messiahship."  In the Completed Testament Age, the mother's role
will be crucial.  She must unite her children and her husband,
and link her family with the True Parents.  Already, we have sent
thousands of Tribal Messiah missionaries around the world.  Soon,
the original ideal of the family will be achieved worldwide.

     In every completed family, grandparents will be in the
position of kings and queens representing God and good ancestors.=20
Parents will be in the position of kings and queens representing
present humanity, and children will be in the position of princes
and princesses representing all future descendants.  When all
three generations are united, past, present, and future will live
together in harmony.

     Ladies and gentlemen, it is my great privilege to announce
to you the establishment of the first True Family.  My husband
and I, together with our 13 children and 20 grandchildren are
absolutely dedicated to serving God and humanity.  With three
generations in one family, we have achieved, on the family level,
the central root, the central trunk, and the central bud of the
"Tree of Life" mentioned in the Bible.  It is our sincere hope
that you will symbolically graft into this lineage by joining us
in our efforts to create an ideal nation and world.  This marks
the beginning of the Completed Testament Age.

     As the world enters the Completed Testament era, we will
live with God again. Realizing this, we must accomplish the unity
of our mind and body, parents and children, and husband and wife.=20
Then we can establish ideal families centered upon God's love.

     With such families, the symptoms of our decaying society
will vanish.  As confident children of God, we will no longer be
enslaved by the temptations of alcohol and drug abuse.  Moreover,
by understanding the holiness of love between a husband and a
wife, we will possess the moral strength to stand strong against
infidelity and promiscuity.  Finally, we will work as a whole to
eliminate war, racial prejudices, and world hunger.

     Based upon this foundation, we can realize a world of true
happiness, freedom, and peace.  God is very much alive, and His
original ideal for humankind is unchanging and absolute.  It is
our destiny to fulfill this ideal and liberate God's heart.

     My dear friends, the Women's Federation for World Peace is
called to this task.  Let us work together to bring about its
successful completion.

     It is my hope that all Christians, and people of all faiths,
will understand this message with a deep heart and an open mind.=20
I sincerely pray that, by upholding the Will of God, we can all
reach the place of God's blessing.

     May God bless you and your families.

     Thank you very much.

            Damian J. Anderson, Computer Consultant
Tel & Fax:  301-921-0082 Home, 202-267-7678 Work (Federal Aviation Adm)
E-mail:     damiana@cap.gwu.edu
Snail-mail: P.O. Box 2726, Gaithersburg, MD 20886-2726