[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: John 16:13,14

The point is there is no real significance to the discourse on pneuma
being a neuter noun other than it is a GRAMMATICAL gender.
In French food items are classified either Masculine or Feminine (there is
no neuter in French) Is there any significance in that?  No Greek guy sat
and thought one day hmm.. let's make the word spirit neuter because we
don't want to give either female or male characteristics.  Language is of
course more complicated than that.  The problem with the gender
classification comes 2000 years after the language was used and we try to
superimpose our culture on this language.
ralph