[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Potential name changes... NT-GREEK and OT-HEBREW

As a Jew [if not a Bible scholar by profession, neither do I play one on TV :-)]
I appreciate David John Marotta's comments on changing the name of the
"OT-Hebrew" list.  I have been suppressing my mild annoyance with the present
name because of my interest in the subject matter, but I know of many others who
might also be interested but won't sign up because of the Christian slant of the
name.  How about a name like BibHebrw or something like that?  It's only 8
characters long and far less offensive to us, and may serve to encourage some
people with a tremendous amount of knowledge on the subject to sign up and share
it.
--
(rmt51@cas.org)         )    |   |  \  )  |/ \     |    |   |   \_)    |