        Subject: Virgin
        Re: son of man
        Dissertation
        Re: Dissertation

From: ROBERT MONDORE <MONDORER@a1.cs.hscsyr.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 1994 06:58:00 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Scholar??? In what?

Thanks Alan for your most kind post in response
to my query concerning the 19th century "scholar"
from whom you quoted.

>>>        Mind you, I only posted it because I thought that, since there has
been such a lengthy discussion on the reading and meaning of this verse
(John 1:1), certain ones might find it `interesting' to consider.
Sorry if it offended you in any way.<<<

No offense was ever taken. The point I wanted to flesh out, was
probably the same one most subscribers noticed on this list:
That it was clearly self-evident that the person being quoted
simply knew no Greek whatsoever.

Thanks again for your kind response.

Bob     P.S.--->
Nobody is just a "scholar." Everybody who is a scholar must be
a scholar in something. He was called a scholar, but it was not
stated in what he was a scholar in. The post, having been posted
to a biblical Greek list, could have been misconstrued as having
a Greek scholar as its referent. Shalom.