From: Vincent Broman <broman@np.nosc.mil>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 95 10:19:06 PST
Subject: Re: textual corruptions

Timster132@aol.com wrote:
> I have heard a few calming the crowds of non-Greek readers, telling
> them that no theological variants exist.

In ftp://etext.archive.umich.edu/pub/Religious.Texts/Ruckman/bbbbs.zip
there is, amidst a bunch of junk, an interesting tract by David Cloud
called "Myths about the King James Bible", an anti-UBS pro-KJV broadside.
The two interesting parts were (1) an extensive listing and discussion of NT
variant readings which (whether or not they were caused by theological
concerns) DID have theological impact, and (2) a fairly clear confession
as to why people like him _need_ a verbally inspired, inerrant Bible,
on which their salvific faith can rest without caveats about human frailty
in the writers, copyists, or translators.

Vincent Broman,  code 572 Bayside                        Email: broman@nosc.mil
Naval Command Control and Ocean Surveillance Center, RDT&E Div.
San Diego, CA  92152-6147,  USA                          Phone: +1 619 553 1641