From: Carl W Conrad <cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 1995 07:58:07 -0600 (GMT-0600)
Subject: Re: lay ministry/Nicolaitan Spirit of Control/long post

It appears to me that this discussion is veering (has veered?) rather far
away from questions of what the GNT says and how it says it into a
theological discussion of ecclesiology that doesn't belong here. While I
have my own strong convictions and commitments on the question of
legitimate ecclesiastical authority, I've tried to argue, in my own
postings on the subject of "baptism," that the support in the NT (GNT)
for any one particular conception of ecclesiastical authority seems to
depend upon eisegesis rather than exegesis of the NT text.

One Brookings Drive, St. Louis, MO 63130, USA
(314) 935-4018