[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

b-greek-digest V1 #645

b-greek-digest             Saturday, 1 April 1995       Volume 01 : Number 645

In this issue:

        Date of Revelation
        Re: "Soundness" in the Pastorals
        Re: Date of Revelation
        before you buy BAGD
        DSS CD-ROM
        Date of Revelation
        Dictionaries
        Lexicons
        Pseudonymity and Apocalypsis/-ses
        Revelation and the Canon History
        Papias and dating of Revelation (was: John)
        Re: Revelation/Apocalypse
        Re: Date of Revelation
        Re: genre of Revelation (sorry, a rather long note)
        Re: before you buy BAGD
        Re: DSS CD-ROM

From: Greg Doudna <gdoudna@ednet1.osl.or.gov>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 1995 23:23:59 -0800
Subject: Date of Revelation

Dennis of DDDJ@aol.com wrote:
> This depends on your dating of Revelation since I date it as
> 60 or so . . .

Would you elaborate your reasons for this dating?  Thanks--
Greg Doudna
gdoudna@ednet1.osl.or.gov

- --

------------------------------

From: Georg Stubkjaer Adamsen <gsadamsn@login.dknet.dk>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 1995 09:54:36 -0100
Subject: Re: "Soundness" in the Pastorals

In article <950331032703_67053995@aol.com>, Timster132@aol.com wrote:
> TO: B-GREEK@VIRGINIA.EDU,
> CC: al69@cityscape.co.uk (Lloyd Pietersen)
> FROM: Timster132@aol.com (Tim Staker)
>

>    Parallels of the usage of "soundness" referring to teaching is found in
> elsewhere outside the NT:

There is some representative examples of this tradition in the
Graeco-Roman Philosophy in: A. Malherbe: _Moral Exhortation. A
Graeco-Roman Sourcebook_ (Library of Early Christianity, 4).
Philadelphia, 1986 or later.

- --
Georg S. Adamsen, Denmark