From: LISATIA@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 May 1995 01:29:05 -0400
Subject: Re: washing of regeneration (...

Dear Jim,
   "Washing of clothes" doesn't mean that the clothes are doing the washing,
in which case, the genitive is a so-called "objective genitive", a
possibility in the phrase under consideration, but more likely "of
regeneration" is used adjectivally, i.e., "regenerative washing".
Richard Arthur, NH         lisatia@aol.com