From: Eric Weiss <eweiss@acf.dhhs.gov>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 95 8:28:25 -0400
Subject: Jesus a disciple

The comment by Greg Doudna about Jesus living for some time quietly in a
house as a disciple of John the Baptist is intriguing (John 1:39 is the
reference given in support of this claim).

What explicit support is there for this assumption that Jesus was a disciple
of John's?  That they knew each other, and maybe knew each other well, seems
obvious (though there may be conflicting strands in the traditions).  But
that Jesus was a disciple of John as were Andrew and the other disciple in
John 1:35ff ....

What does anyone have to say?