From: Eric Weiss <eweiss@acf.dhhs.gov>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 95 14:12:34 -0400
Subject: Mark 16

Since the question about the ending of Mark is still unresolved, has anyone
out there read or read a critique of the book that came out last year called
THE UNFINISHED GOSPEL (hardback) wherein the author argues that he has found
the "end" of Mark's gospel -- and it's in our bibles as John 21!  He bases
his case on the linguistic peculiarities of John 21 and on his theory that
John's gospel was written to discredit and warn people about Simon Peter.  He
points out how the author of John closely links references to Judas son of
Simon with Simon Peter in order to smear Peter.  He believes John 21 was
later tacked onto the end of John's gospel because it puts Peter back in a
favorable light.

The author is not a biblical "scholar" but he seems to know the material well
enough to make his case.

Any thoughts?