From: "Keith A. Clay" <keithc@ramlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 04:51:03 -0400
Subject: Question on Luke 2:7

In luke 2:7, there is a phrase, "OUK NV AUTOIJ TOPOJ EV TW KATALUMATI".
Does this mean that there was no room for them (specifically them, but
plenty of room for anyone else) or the "no vancy" sign was on.  D.B. Wallace
in his Preliminary Draft ( May1994) of "An Exegetical Syntax Of The Greek
New Testament", under the "Dative Case" ( pg 122 - "Dative of Possession")
says that it can be translated, "There was no place for them in the inn", or
"They had no place in the inn".  It seems to me there is a difference here,
is there?

Keith A. Clay

Keith A. Clay					Tri-State Oxygen, Inc
4013 Blackburn Avenue				2927 Greenup Avenue
Ashland, KY 41101-5019			        P.O. Box 121
(606)325-8331					Ashland, KY 41105-0121
						(606)329-9638
						(800)828-1620
School Address:
100 Academic Parkway
Kentucky Christian College
Box 171
Grayson, KY 41143

e-mail:  keithc@ramlink.net

Fax:  (606)325-8331 -- my computer answers both my phone and receives faxes.
      (606)325-9962 -- work fax

   "Christianity has not been tried and found wanting.  It has been found
    difficult and left untried." -- G. K. Chesterton