[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

b-greek-digest V1 #21

b-greek-digest           Thursday, 30 November 1995     Volume 01 : Number 021

In this issue:

        Re: Bible study software? (fwd)
        Re: Vocabulary book
        Re: Answer sheets for BBG
        Re: Bible Software
        Standardized Transliteration
        Romans !6:1-2.
        Junia/Junias nochmals
        TLG
        Re: Bible study software? (fwd)
        Re: Textual Problems in Mark 7:24, 28
        TLG -- Writers' list
        Ken's quest for Vocabulary tables <10x
        Junias Redivivus!
        Word Perfect DOS conversions
        Re: TLG -- Writers' list
        Re: Junias Redivivus!
        Re: Standardized Transliteration
        Re: Ken's quest for Vocabulary tables <10x
        Re: Bible study software? (fwd)

From: "D. Peterson" <harpbard@ccnet.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 22:48:30 -0800
Subject: Re: Bible study software? (fwd)

>Likewise the search engines in many of the systems are quite simple; for
>example in the On-Line Bible were one do a search in Greek on "XAPIS", the
>system will not find matches of the form "XAPIC" (i.e. different forms of
>the final sigma).

Not so. The search is done using the strongs #, not "XARIS". That gets you
not only XARIC, but also every inflection of the root.

Yes, OLB does not have diacriticals, punctuation, etc. However, the
manuscripts of the NT don't have those either. At least OLB has spaces
between the words. :)

It is true, though that you can't replace your trusty Nestle-Aland with one
of these programs. That wasn't the question, however.