From: "Dale M. Wheeler" <dalemw@teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 10:41:47 -0800
Subject: QEMELIOS/-ON

Here's one for you "gender-ologists," which the tools once again are in
significant disagreement on.

According to BAGD the only clear use of QEMELION (the neuter noun) is Acts
16:26.  There are however several formally ambiguous uses (Luke 6:48; 49;
14:29; Rom 15:20; 1Cor 3:10, 11, 12; Eph 2:20; 1Tim 6:19; Heb 6:1).

Any suggestions on how to decide between the two (or if that's even
possible)??  I have my own theory, but I don't want to prejudice the
discussion at the outset...  :-)

Dale M. Wheeler, Th.D.
Chair, Biblical Languages Dept                  Multnomah Bible College
8435 NE Glisan Street                               Portland, OR  97220
Voice: 503-251-6416    FAX:503-254-1268     E-Mail: dalemw@teleport.com